Nerve damage or any abnormality in the nerves happens because of some other medical conditions causing nerve pain. Such pain in nerves is generally stabbing, numbing, sharp, prickling, burning, or of tingling sensation that becomes difficult to bear most of the times. Hence, if left untreated then nerve pain or neuropathic pain can make your living worsen restricting you to do your daily life activities. Thus, with a proper dosing regimen of Lyrica medication, you can eliminate the dilemma of nerve pain easily and safely from your body.
Lyrica 150mg is meant for neuropathic pain or nerve pain, which is caused by the damage or an abnormality in the nerves. Lyrica is also effective and used for controlling the condition of epilepsy in which the patient suffers from repeated seizures. Lyrica brand encloses generic Pregabalin, which belongs to the class of medications known as anticonvulsants, which are believed to be working by controlling the chemicals in the brain, which are sending the signals to the nerves so that seizure should not occur. Lyrica thus helps with the nerve pain treatment by blocking the pain sensations from the damaged nerve to the brain and by altering the brain response towards pain. This way, Lyrica is accountable to treat neuropathy or nerve pain. Lyrica also possesses pain-relieving effects only when prescribed.
Prescribing schedule of Lyrica:
Lyrica comes as capsule formulation with dosage strengths of 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, and 300mg that you have to swallow as a whole with ample amount of water and regardless whether you take or not take food.
The suggested dosing schedule of Lyrica involves-
- The dose of 50mg is given to adult patients for three times daily for treating never pain due to diabetes. The dose may be increased up to 300mg after one week only if required.
- The dose of 75-150mg is given two times daily or as 50-100mg is given for three times in a day in order to treat nerve pain due to shingles. Treatment should be started with the initial dose of 75mg given for two times daily or as the 50mg dose given for three times daily.
- Neuropathic pain associated with spinal cord injury is treated by using dosing regimen of 150 to a 600mg dose of Lyrica given daily.
- The condition of fibromyalgia is treated with the dosing regimen of 300-450mg dose in a day given in 2 or 3divided doses.
Abruptly stopping the Lyrica medication may worsen your health causing withdrawal symptoms. Likewise, doubling the dose of Lyrica can lead to overdose symptoms of drug dependency in the user. Few side effects are observed while relying on Lyrica medication such as dry mouth, dizziness, hazy vision, drowsiness, change in weight, excessive salivation, nausea, constipation, headache, or excessive sweating.
There are conditions when you should not take Lyrica such as:
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Should not be given to children and elderly people
- During oversensitivity to any moiety of Lyrica brand
- During medical conditions of diabetes, congestive heart failure, kidney problems, suicidal thought or drug or alcohol abuse history, or bleeding disorder
In addition, the following safety measures should be taken care while using Lyrica-
- Be careful while driving or operating any machinery after using Lyrica dose because of dizziness or blurred vision effects.
- You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking Lyrica else, this can worsen the drowsiness or dizziness effects.
Buy Lyrica 300mg tablets online at affordable rates from our drug portal with exciting offers and safe home shipping.