Brief Overview About Bimat Eye Drops (Bimatoprost Drops)
Bimat Eye Drops (Bimatoprost Drops) are a wonderful solution to treat hypotrichosis in adults. Bimat ophthalmic solution proficiently treats the troubles of short and sparse eyelashes. Bimat Eye Drops remedy makes your eyelashes heavier and longer, thus making them visually tempting. Bimat Eye Drops (Bimatoprost Drops) not only helps in obtaining denser eyelashes but also alleviates the condition of open-angle glaucoma in adults.
What Is The Mode Of Action Of Bimat Eye Drops (Bimatoprost Drops)?
Generic Bimatoprost is the main active component present in Bimat Eye Drops. Bimatoprost acts in hypotrichosis by interfering the hair cell cycle. It elongates the anagen phase and decreases the telogen phase thereby making the eyelashes longer and thicker. Bimatoprost also increases the drainage of aqueous humour from the eyes thereby lowering the intraocular pressure.
What Is The Right Method Of Using Bimat Eye Drops (Bimatoprost Drops)?
- For acquiring dense eyelashes you must take a single drop of this pharmaceutical formulation on an applicator brush and apply it proximal to the lash line on your upper eyelid. Close your eyes for 20 seconds. Repeat the same process in another eye
- To alleviate open-angle glaucoma you must put a single drop of this ophthalmic solution in the affected eye, once a day preferably at night time. Repeat the process in another eye if needed.
What Are The Contraindications Of Using Bimat Eye Drops (Bimatoprost Drops)?
- Do not use this medication in case of an sensitive reaction towards any of the ingredient present in this medication.
- In the presence of uveitis or iritis using Bimat Bimatoprost Eye Drops is inadvisable
- Do not use these eye drops in case you have recently suffered an eye injury or have undergone eye surgery.
What Are The Undesirable Effects Seen With The Use Of Bimat Eye Drops?
Some noxious effects commonly seen with the use of Bimat Bimatoprost Eye Drops are
- Burning and itching sensation in the eye
- Inflammation of the eyes
- Clouding of vision
- Feeling of having something gritty in your eyes
- Excessive watering of the eyes
What Are The Preventive Measures Taken With The Use Of Bimat Eye Drops?
Safety measures taken while using Bimat Ophthalmic Solution (Bimatoprost Drops) are
- Take away any contact lenses prior to using these eye drops.
- Keep an Interval of at least 15 minutes before reinserting the contact lens after using Bimat Eye Drops.
- Bimat Ophthalmic Solution makes your eyes sensitive to the sunlight, therefore, use protective measures such as sunglasses while using Bimat Eye Drops.
- Do not drive or work on heavy machinery while using Bimat Ophthalmic Solution.
- Do not use any other ophthalmic product concomitantly with Bimat Ophthalmic Solution.
- Pregnant women, lactating mothers, and elderly patients should cautiously use this medication.
- A person younger than 18 years of age should consult his doctor before using this medication.
- Store Bimat Eye Drops in a cool and dry place away from the reach of children and pets.