Brief Overview About Celexa 20 MG / 40 MG Tablets (Generic Citalopram)
Celexa 20 mg / 40 mg tablets (Generic Citalopram) are best and commonly used medicine for the treatment of depression. Celexa 40 mg / 20 mg tablets is an FDA certified medicine contains Generic Citalopram as the main active substance. The use of Celexa 40 mg / 20 mg Citalopram medicine may enhance your energy level and feelings of well-being. In addition, Celexa 40 mg / 20 mg Citalopram tablets can also be recommended to manage generalized anxiety disorder, panic attack, alcoholism and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Working Action Of Celexa 20 MG / 40 MG Tablets (Generic Citalopram)?
Celexa 20 mg / 40 mg tablets (Generic Citalopram) is a class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors antidepressant drugs. The drug affects neurotransmitters, the chemicals that nerves within the brain employ to converse with each other. A neurotransmitter is thought to be the communication system of the brain and believed that imbalance of them inside the brain cause depression. Thus, it acts by stopping the uptake of serotonin by nerve cells after it has been released thus and stimulates nerve cells to provide relief from depression.
What Is The Dosage Regimen Of Celexa 20 MG / 40 MG Citalopram Tablets?
The normally suggested dose of Celexa tablets (Generic Citalopram) is 20 MG / 40 MG that should be used orally with the help of a full glass of water with or without the intake of food. However, the dose depends on the condition of patients thus consult the doctor before administration. The patient should not take more than recommended dose at a time as this may show unwanted effects and take as early as possible in case you miss the dose.
What Are The Contraindications Of Celexa 20 MG / 40 MG Citalopram Tablets?
- This is not advised to use the medicine in case allergic to any constituent including generic or any other medical condition.
- The patient is suggested to consult the doctor if suffering from liver, kidney, blood clotting disorder, seizures, heart disease, and bipolar disorder.
- The patient should refrain taking the medicine if you have a history of drug abuse or addiction.
Drug Interaction With Celexa 20 MG / 40 MG Tablets (Generic Citalopram)
- Do not consume the medicine in combination with MAO inhibitor or any other medicine, including herbal products, dietary supplements, prescription and non-prescription medicine.
- While taking Celexa 40 mg / 20 mg Citalopram tablets one should avoid using Naproxen (Aleve), Celecoxib (Celebrex), Aspirin, Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Meloxicam Celexa 20 mg / 40 mg tablets (Generic Citalopram) as of drug interaction.
What Are The Side Effects Of Celexa 20 MG / 40 MG Citalopram Tablets?
Celexa 40 mg / 20 mg Citalopram tablets may show some unwanted effects such as of mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, dizziness, fainting, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination and weakness.
What Safety Measures While Using Celexa 20 MG / 40 MG Citalopram Tablets?
- Women who are pregnant and or breastfeeding should consult the doctor before administration.
- Avoid the ingestion of alcohol while taking Celexa 20 mg / 40 mg tablets (Generic Citalopram) as it may cause severe adverse effects.
- The use of Celexa 40 mg / 20 mg Citalopram tablets might impair your thinking ability, so take caution while taking part in the risky activity.
- One should consume the medicine for 4 weeks for better improvement and reduce the dose before stopping the medication treatment completely.