Brief Overview About Combigan Eye Drops (Generic Brimonidine And Timolol Drops)
Combigan Eye Drops (Generic Brimonidine and Timolol Drops) are a miraculous remedy that is employed to treat the problems of high intraocular pressure in adults. Combigan Eye Drops helps in the successful alleviation of open angle glaucoma in adults due to the increased pressure in their eyes. Combigan ophthalmic solution considerably lowers the pressure inside the eyes, thus solving the complications of high intraocular pressure.
What Is The Action Mechanism Of Combigan Eye Drops (Brimonidine And Timolol Drops)?
Brimonidine and Timolol are the two main active components present in this medication. Brimonidine functions by improving the uveoscleral outflow that releases the intraocular pressure by increasing the drainage of aqueous outflow. Timolol is β-receptor antagonist that helps in the reduction of formation of aqueous humour in the ciliary body thereby relieving open-angle glaucoma.
How To Use Combigan Eye Drops (Generic Brimonidine And Timolol Drops)?
Combigan Eye Drops are commercially available in the dosing strength of 5ml containing 0.2%w/v of Generic Brimonidine and 0.5% of Generic Timolol. To alleviate the condition of high intraocular pressure put a single drops of this eye drops into your eyes with the help of a dropper and close your eyes for 15 seconds. Repeat the same procedure in the other eye as well. Use Combigan ophthalmic solution once or twice a day as prescribed by your doctor.
What Are The Conflicting Factors To The Use Of Combigan Eye Drops (Generic Brimonidine And Timolol Drops)?
- Do not use Combigan ophthalmic solution in case you are allergic to any of the component present in this medication.
- In the case of uveitis or iritis using Combigan ophthalmic solution is inadvisable.
- In the case of nay eye surgery or eye injury using this medication is prohibited.
What Are The Side Effects Commonly Seen With Combigan Eye Drops (Brimonidine And Timolol Drops)?
Side effects of using Combigan ophthalmic solution are
- Blurring of vision
- Redness of the eyes
- Itching and stinging of the eyes
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Feeling of having something gritty in your eyes
- Excessive watering of the eyes
What Are The Preventive Measures Taken With Combigan Eye Drops (Generic Brimonidine, Timolol)?
Preventive measures taken with the use of Combigan ophthalmic solution are
- Stay away from driving and performing other visually challenging tasks while using Combigan Eye Drops (Generic Brimonidine and Timolol Drops).
- Do not use any other eye drops concomitantly with Combigan Eye Drops (Generic Brimonidine and Timolol Drops).
- Remove the contact lens before using Combigan ophthalmic solution.
- You must wait for at least 15 minutes before reinserting the contact lenses.
- Pregnant women, lactating mothers, children and elderly patients should keep him away from this medication.
- A person below the age of 18 years should keep himself away from the use of Combigan ophthalmic solution.
- Store Combigan ophthalmic solution in a cool and dry place away from the reach of children and pets.