Brief Overview About Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream)
Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream) is an eminent medicine most often suggested for the management of vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women. This is a part of HRT (hormone replacement therapy) that manages atrophic vaginitis that is common symptoms of menopause, caused by a lack of estrogen hormone. Evalon Estriol vaginal cream is effective in managing the symptoms of vaginal atrophy including dryness, itching and shrinking of vaginal wall and inflammation may cause coitus complex and painful. Moreover, Evalon Estriol vaginal cream is also suggested to prevent the occurrence of urinary and vaginal infections from occurring.
Working Action Of Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream)
Evalon Vaginal Cream contains Generic Estriol as the major substance that comes in the category comes in the category of medicine called as Estrogen. Evalon Estriol vaginal cream shows action by binding to a particular estrogen receptor and stimulates them to form proteins implicated in secreting secondary sexual characteristics such as thickening of the vaginal wall and augments vaginal secretion. Estriol is gradually secreted and absorbed into the vaginal skin layer where it reverses the alteration in the vagina by invigorating thickening of the skin, dropping inflammation and restoring the physiological pH and normal bacteria in the vagina so thwarting urinary and vaginal infections.
What Are The Contraindications Of Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream)?
- Patients who are allergic to Estriol or any other ingredient present should not use Evalon Estriol vaginal cream.
- Evalon Estriol vaginal cream is suggested to consult the doctor if you are suffering from bleeding disorder or disorders of liver, kidney or heart disorder or any other medical condition.
- One should not use the medicine if suffering from breast carcinoma or endometrial carcinoma.
What Is The Dosing Regimen Of Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream)?
For the management of vaginal atrophy, Evalon Estriol vaginal cream is obtainable as in the dosing strength of 1%w/v. this is suggested to use the medicine in the vagina with the help of the applicator, once in a day, preferably before going to bed for the 1st week. After one week, use once or twice a week or once every two weeks as recommended. Do not overuse the medicine and always use as recommended by your doctor.
What Are The Drug Interactions Of Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream)?
Prevent using any other medicine or consult the doctor if you have to use or you are under the treatment of any medicine includingantibacterial like Rifampicin, Rifabutin, Nevirapine or Phenytoin and Carbamazepine, herbal preparations containing St John's Wort, Corticosteroids, and Theophylline for asthma.
What Are The Side Effects Of Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream)?
Some common unwanted effects may probably occur such as itching, breast tenderness, stinging sensation, vaginal discharge and mild breast pain.
What Are The Precautions While Using Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream)?
- Evalon Estriol vaginal cream is not recommended to use if a woman is less than f 18 years or woman who had not undergone menopause.
- Prevent douche or use tampons while using Evalon Vaginal Cream (Estriol Cream).
- While using this medicine avoid swimming in public swimming pools and other areas that may enhance your risk of infections while using Evalon Estriol vaginal cream.