Brief Overview About Latim / Xalacom Eye Drops (Generic Latanoprost And Timolol)
Latim / Xalacom eye drops (Generic Latanoprost and Timolol) is use to manage glaucoma i.e. open eye glaucoma or ocular hypertension. Xalacom / Latim eye drops furthermore diminishes the pressure within the eyes to prevent vision loss. Generic Latanoprost and Generic Timolol are the normal cooperative components disclose in the Latim eye drops or Xalacom eye drop. Thus, it is important medication that play crucial role in raised eye pressure or vision loss.
Working Procedure Of Latim / Xalacom Eye Drops (Generic Latanoprost And Timolol)
The functioning of Generic Latanoprost is that it works as prostaglandin FP receptor agonists. Thus, the outburst of aqueous humour improves and so there occurs the reduction in intraocular eye pressure. Generic Timolol comes under the class of beta-adrenergic receptor antagonist. Timolol capably binds at beta-1 and beta-2 receptors performing its medicinal activity by possibly tumbling the production of aqueous humour in the ciliary body in the eye. This diminishes the intraocular pressure in the eye.
Accurate Dosage Application Procedure Of Latim / Xalacom Eye Drops (Generic Latanoprost And Timolol)
Latim eye drops or Xalacom eye drops are easily accessible as of 0.005% of Latanoprost and 0.5% of Timolol. The patient going through open eye glaucoma should apply only a single drop of Xalacom / Latim eye drops at if conceivable night-time. The patient should gradient his or her head back and insert one drop into his eye. After using the Latim / Xalacom eye drops (Generic Latanoprost and Timolol), he or she must keep their eyes closed for few minutes. After that, you must have to apply a minor pressure on the exclusive corner of the eye. Implement this action for about 1 to 2 minutes as this endure the drug in your eye. Repeat the same procedure every day till the time as suggested by the doctor.
Conflicting Factors Of Latim / Xalacom Eye Drops (Generic Latanoprost And Timolol)
- Do not make use of Latanoprost eye drops if you are allergic to Latanoprost or timolol.
- If you have severe liver or kidney trouble then does not make use of Latanoprost eye drops.
- If you have any other kind of glaucoma including of narrow eye glaucoma then do not use Xalacom / Latim eye drops.
- If you recently undergone any eye surgery then do not make use of Xalacom / Latim eye drops.
Preventive Measures Of Latim / Xalacom Eye Drops (Generic Latanoprost And Timolol)
- The patient must have to take out the contact lenses while applying Xalacom / Latim eye drops.
- Do not make use of Xalacom / Latim eye drops if you are pregnant women or breastfeeding mother.
- If you have to use more than one or two medication then must maintain the gap of 10 minutes between two.
- It makes your vision blurry, hence do not operate any machinery or drive after the dosage application.
- You must have to wash the hand before and apply the application of drug.
Adverse Effects Of Latim / Xalacom Eye Drops (Generic Latanoprost And Timolol)
The user of Latim / Xalacomeye drops have reported some annoying adverse effect of medication counter of Irritation or disruption to the surface of the eye, eyelid inflammation, eye pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, drowsiness, watery eyes, tear formation and swelling of eyes.