Brief Overview About Luvox 25 MG / 50 MG Tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine)
Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine) is used by both adult and child patient for the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder. Obsessive compulsive disorder is like as of anxiety in which people experiences recurrent, unwanted thoughts, ideas or sensations (obsessions) that make them feel driven to do something continually (compulsions). Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg Fluvoxamine tablets aids in diminution persistent/not needed thoughts (obsessions) and maintain on to perform repeated tasks like as compulsions consist of hand-washing, plus, checking that inhibit with daily living. Other than this, it also supports in the betterment of social phobia or anxiety.
Working Action Of Luvox 25 MG / 50 MG Tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine)
Fluvoxamine is recognized as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. Fluvoxamine hampers the re-uptake of serotonin at the serotonin reuptake pump of the neuronal membrane, snowballing the working of serotonin on 5HT1A auto receptors and provides support in returning the balance of a certain natural substance (serotonin) in the brain to deliver soothing action and calming action.
Dosage Schedule Of Luvox 25 MG / 50 MG Tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine)
Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine) are available into the form of oral instant release or extended release tablets. In case of extended release preparation, the patient should have to devour the dose of 100mg one time a day orally with sufficient amount of water for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Though, in the case of preliminary immediate release tablet, the patient should have to consume a dose of 50mg one time at the bedtime. The conservation dose should be in the range of 50 to 300mg/day. The dose can be amplified after 7 days in the addition of 50mg per day and supreme daily dose should not overdo by 300mg daily. While for children, a dose of 25 mg once in a day is commended.
Incompatible Factors Of Luvox 25 MG / 50 MG Tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine)
- The patient should not use Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine) if they are receptive to the Fluvoxamine and any other constituent of the drug.
- If you are using any of these drugs as if Linezolid or methylene blue, pimozide, ramelteon then avoid taking Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg Fluvoxamine tablets.
- You should not consume Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg Fluvoxamine tablets if you have a past of seizures.
- If you are using isocarboxazid, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine drug from past 14 days, then do not use Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg Fluvoxamine tablets.
Safety Measures Of Luvox 25 MG / 50 MG Tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine)
- The pregnant women and nursing mother should not have to consume Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine).
- Do not twitch, stop or alter the dose without doctor commendation.
- Circumvent getting complicated in driving and attention seeking activity after drug consumption as it may affect your thinking capability.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol and smoking while taking Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg Fluvoxamine tablets.
- If a low level of sodium occurs in body, then check with a doctor as it might reason seizers and distress breathing disorder.
- Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg Fluvoxamine tablets some time generate the eye complications in that case, stop taking the medication or check with a doctor.
Side Effects Of Luvox 25 MG / 50 MG Tablets (Generic Fluvoxamine)
The user of Luvox 25 mg / 50 mg Fluvoxamine tablets may practice some side effects as of weight gain, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, low sexual drive, period’s changes, feeling sleepy, loss stools and feeling not hungry.