Brief Overview About Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin Drops)
Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin Drops) are a miraculous ophthalmic medication that treats the bacterial infections of the eye. Bacterial infections occur in the eyes due to unhygienic conditions and contact of the contaminated surface with the eye. This results in symptoms such as itching, redness, excessive secretion from the eyes and stinging. Ocuflox Eye Drops (Ofloxacin Drops) alleviate all these symptoms of bacterial eye infections and provide an instant relief.
What Is The Working Mechanism Of Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin Drops)?
Generic Ofloxacin is the main active moiety present in Ocuflox Eye Drops. Ofloxacin belongs to the class of quinolone antibiotics. It is a bactericidal drug that blocks the replication of bacterial DNA by binding itself to an enzyme called DNA gyrase. This results in prevention of unwinding of the double helix of DNA thereby preventing replication, eventually leading to cell death.
What Is The Right Way To Use Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin Drops)?
Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin Drops) is commercially available in the dosing strength of 0.3%w/v. To treat bacterial infections you must put a single drop of this eye drop in the affected eye by tilting your head back and pulling your lower eyelid. Repeat the same process in the other eye as well. Use this medication twice a day and avoid contact with the mouth.
What Are The Conflicting Factors Of Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin Drops)?
- Do not use Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops in case you experienced an allergic reaction to any of the components in the past.
- If you are suffering from high intraocular pressure or open-angle glaucoma then stays away from the use of Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops.
- If you have recently suffered an eye injury or have had an eye surgery then stay away from the use of Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops.
What Are The Probable Undesirable Effects Seen With Ocuflox Eye Drops (Ofloxacin Drops)?
Some of the undesirable effects likely to occur with the use of Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops are
- Burning and stinging in the eye
- Mild itching in the eye
- Haziness of vision
- Redness of the eyes
- Feeling of having something gritty in your eyes
What Are The Preventive Measures Taken With Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin Drops)?
Preventive measures taken with the use of Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin Drops) are
- Stay away from performing visually alerting tasks such as driving while using Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops.
- Do not use any other ophthalmic product simultaneously with Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops.
- Remove any contact lenses before using Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops.
- You must wait for at least 15 minutes before wearing the contact lenses again after using these eye drops.
- Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops is not intended to be used pregnant women, lactating mothers and children, without consulting their ophthalmologist first.
- A person below the age of 18 years should cautiously use Ocuflox Eye Drops (Generic Ofloxacin).
- Store Ocuflox Ofloxacin Eye Drops in a cool and dark place away from the reach of pets and kids.