What Is The Use Of Ovral G Birth Control Pills?
Ovral G Birth Control Pills prevents the unwanted pregnancies. It is also used to treat dysmenorrhea. It contains generic Ethinyl Estradiol and Norgestrel as its active ingredients. It helps women to become safe from pregnancy by modifying the cervical mucus, preventing ovulation, and changing the lining of the uterus.
What Is The Mechanism Of Action Of Ovral G Birth Control Pills?
Norgestrel is a synthetic steroidal progestin, which attaches to the progesterone and estrogen receptors. Then it reduces the frequency of release of Gonadotropin-releasing hormone and looses the flow of luteinizing hormone. Thus, it inhibits ovulation and prevents pregnancy. Ethinyl estradiol is synthetic estrogen hormone, which diffuses into the target cells and interacts with the protein receptors. It suppresses the follicle-stimulating hormone and reduces the secretion of Gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Hence, it prevents the ovulation and ultimately pregnancy.
What Is The Dosing Regimen Of Ovral G Birth Control Pills?
Ovral G pack contains 28 pills in which first 21 pills contain the hormones and the other seven pills are placebo pills. Take one pill each day at the same time with water. You can have it with or without food. Prefer to have it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
Missed dose: If you miss a dose for one day, then take two pills next day but if you miss the dose of two days then take two pills as a single dose for the next consecutive days.
Overdose: If you have taken, overdoses then call your doctor.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ovral G Birth Control Pills?
Some of the common side effects of using Ovral G are tenderness of the breast, nausea, insomnia, acne, vomiting, dizziness, allergic reactions, lower abdominal pain, and irregular menstrual cycle.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ovral G Birth Control Pills?
- Do not use these pills if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Do not use these pills if you are pregnant or you have doubt of pregnancy.
- Do not use these pills if you have blood clotting problems, breast or vaginal cancer, heart or liver diseases.
- Do not use these pills if you are using other prescribed and non-prescribed drugs.
What Are The Drug Interactions Of Ovral G Birth Control Pills?
Following drugs cause interactions with Ovral G:
- Atorvastatin or Indinavir
- Antifungal as Itraconazole or Ketoconazole
- barbiturates as Phenobarbital
- HIV protease inhibitors as Ritonavir
- Hydantoins as Phenytoin
- Beta-blockers as Propranolol
- Corticosteroids as Prednisolone
- Cyclosporine or Theophylline
What Are The Precautions Of Ovral G Birth Control Pills?
- You should not use these pills if your age is less than 18 years.
- You must avoid alcohol after taking these pills.
- If you observe breast lumps while using Ovral G then contact your doctor immediately.
- You will not be able to conceive for several months after stopping the Ovral G. you must contact your doctor if you have concerns regarding this issue.
What Are The Storage Conditions Ovral G Birth Control Pills?
You should keep Ovral G away from heat, moisture and direct light at a cool place. Keep these pills away from the sight and reach of children.