Brief Overview About Progynon Depot Injection 10 MG/ML
Progynon Depot Injection 10 mg/ml is an efficacious therapy that is used in treating postmenopausal symptoms in women. Progynon Depot Injection 10 mg/ml comes under the class of a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) that is used by women in order to get free from the postmenopausal symptoms such as flushing, palpitations, sweating, sleeplessness and vaginal dryness. This medicine works by enhancing the levels of certain hormones such as Estradiol in the body.
Mechanics of Progynon Depot Injection 10 MG/ML
Progynon Depot Injection 10 mg/ml is comprised of Estradiol Valerate as the main functional moiety in it. Progynon comes under the classification of a synthetic form of naturally occurring Estradiol, which is the defined as the active form of the female sex hormone called estrogen. Progynon Depot Injection 10 mg/ml works as an alternative for overcoming the deficiency of estrogen in the females with menopause. This hormone is responsible for the occurrence of symptoms like hot flashes, mood swings, vaginal dryness, and many more.
Dosing Criteria for Progynon Depot Injection 10 MG/ML
Progynon Depot is available in the market with the dosing strength of 10mg/1ml available in the injectable dosage form.
For the management of postmenopausal symptoms and osteoporosis: She needs to make an ingestion of 10 to 20 mg of Progynon Depot Injection 10 mg/mlvia intramuscular route at every four weeks. The duration of treatment for Progynon should not exceed for more than one to five years.
For the management of prostate cancer: She needs to inject a dose of 30 mg of Progynon Depot, intramuscularly, every 1-2 weeks. Do not exceed more than the recommended dose of Progynon depot. In the case of overdose, you must rush to seek medical help immediately.
Opposing Factors Along With Progynon Depot Injection 10 MG/ML
- Stop the usage of Progynon Depot Injection 10 mg/ml in case you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredient present in this medication.
- Stop the usage of Progynon f you are suffering from disorders of liver, kidney or heart.
- If you are suffering from any kind of bleeding disorders, unusual vaginal bleeding or tumors of the pituitary gland then stop using Progynon depot.
Drug interactions With Progynon Depot Injection 10 MG/ML
- Antibiotics: Amoxicillin
- Anti-HIV medications: Ritonavir
- Antidiabetic medications: Metformin or other hormonal preparations
Possible Adverse Effects Were Seen With The Use Of Progynon Depot Injection 10 MG/ML
Commonly occurring side issues that are seen after using Progynon Depot Injection 10 mg/ml medicine are vaginal burning, weight fluctuations, thinning of hair, breast tenderness, headache, bloating, appetite cramps, and spotting.
Preventive Measures To Follow The Use Of Progynon Depot Injection 10 MG/ML
- Do not make intake of alcohol or smoke while using Progynon Depot Injection 10 mg/ml as it may increase your risk of stroke and blood clotting.
- Do not come in contact with sunrays after the use of medication.
- Any lactating mothers and pregnant women are advised not to use Progynon depot.
- A woman who has not yet undergone menopause symptoms or is below the age of 18 years should not make use Progynon depot.