Brief Overview About Tofranil 25 MG Tablets (Generic Imipramine 25 MG)
Tofranil 25 mg tablets (Generic Imipramine 25 mg) are the indicated for the management of the low mood i.e. depressive state of mind and also help to prevent bedwetting in children. It is made up of Imipramine as a main active component. The intake of Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets to give depression may recover your mood, sleep, appetite, and energy level and may support to reinstate your interest in daily living. Imipramine can support your child mechanism night-time bed-wetting.
Working Mechanism Of Tofranil 25 MG Tablets (Generic Imipramine 25 MG)
Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets belong to a category of medications known as tricyclic antidepressants. It works by reinstating the balance of certain natural substances (neurotransmitters like as norepinephrine) in the CNS. For bed-wetting, this medication may show action by obstructive the effect of a certain natural substance (acetylcholine) on the bladder.
Dosage Administration Of Tofranil 25 MG Tablets (Generic Imipramine 25 MG)
Commercially, the Tofranil tablets (Generic Imipramine) is accessible as of 25 mg oral tablets. Usually, the treatment is started with the lower dosage. The dosage administration also varies depending upon outpatient or hospitalized patient. For hospitalized patient, the therapy should be started with a dose of 100mg into divided doses that can be increased up to 200mg in a day. The dose can be augmented up to 250mg to 300 if did not find any positive results in 2 weeks. While for the outpatient the dose of 75/day with a maintained dose of 150mg/day. In case of outpatient, dosage over 200mg/day is not approved.
For Childhood Enuresis, the dose of 25mg/day is given to children of up to 6 years and a dose of 50mg/day to 12 year age child. The dose is given usually one hour early to the bedtime.
Conflicted Factors Of Tofranil 25 MG Imipramine Tablets
- The application of Tofranil 25 mg tablets (Generic Imipramine 25 mg) is highly conflicted if patiently is allergic to Imipramine or any other drug moiety.
- The use of Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets is conflicted under medical conditions of heart attack or stroke.
- Under the condition of pregnancy or breastfeeding the use of Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets is highly conflicted.
- If you are taking isocarboxazid, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine like drugs then do not make use of Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets.
- If you have past history of drug abuse or drug addiction then you must have to avoid the use of Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets.
Safety Measures Of Tofranil 25 MG Imipramine Tablets
- You must have to avoid the intake of alcohol while taking Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets.
- Try to avoid the driving or machinery work after intake of the drug as it may impair your thinking ability.
- Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets may produce dizziness effect so take caution while sitting up or getting downstairs.
- If you experience any kind of eye complications with Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets then must consult with a doctor.
- If you get pregnant during treatment then must talk to the doctor about the safety procedure.
Adverse Factors Of Tofranil 25 MG Tablets (Generic Imipramine 25 MG)
The patient of Tofranil 25 mg Imipramine tablets may notice some adverse effects like as of blurred vision, tunnel vision, eye pain, sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts, painful or difficult urination and yellowing of the skin or eyes.